Monday, February 26, 2007

Cup Stacking-A New Sport

My husband was watching the news the other day and there was a story on about a competition for cup stacking.

In this sport, cups of identical size are used to stack the cups in different sequences. So for example in the 3-3-3, there are 3 sets of 3 cups each. Each set of cups is stacked in a pyramid in a particular order, in as little time as possible.

This sport uses both sides of the body as well as both sides of the brain and improves gross motor skills as well as concentration.

The pack to get started is 29.99, which can be a little pricey if you have several kids, but it includes 12 cups, a bag to hold the cups, a stacking mat and a timer. I'm going to order a set for my kids to help with hand eye coordination.

You can check it out at the Speed Stacks website. Get ready to be amazed! I'm still in awe at how fast those kids can stack the cups. :-)

1 comment:

  1. WOW. That sounds interesting. I am going to definitely check out that site. I also wanted you to know that I tagged you this morning on my blog.
    ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda