Thursday, February 11, 2010

Homeschool 2009-10


I was looking at my blog and noticed that I never did post what we were working on for this school year. Of course that wouldn't be a problem if I didn't have a label at the top of my blog that says "Our Homeschool" LOL

So this year we don't have a lot of changes from last year. We are still using the

Adventist Sonlight Curriculum

Math-U-See (Beta and Zeta)

Italics Handwriting

Moore Formula (Service and Work as many hours as school)

Charlotte Mason Scripture Memory

As a part of the Moore Formula we have been a bit more intentional about working on crafts/hobbies. My daughter is learning to knit and my son is putting together model car kits.

This year my daughter enrolled in the 4-H Veterinary Science Program. It is a 5 year course that trains the students to be a certified Veterinary Assistant. After completing this program, they are then encouraged to study for 2 years to become a certified Veterinary Technician and then go on to complete program to become a Veterinarian. She is very excited and doesn't even complain when I ask her to do her assignments. :)


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this information!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi met u @ #hsc

    could you please explain the moore formula? I like service...sounds good
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello sister Yolanda, I see you used math u see. I used that curriculum as well. This is a very nice blog.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda