Sunday, March 11, 2007

Baby Shower Games Update

The baby shower went very well and everyone was thrilled with the games. The games I used were:

1. Rice and pins-Place tiny safety pins in a bowl with a bag of rice. Player has one minute to find as many pins as possible while blindfolded.

2. Cotton Balls- Place a bag of cotton balls in a bowl. Player has one minute to scoop as many cotton balls as possible into another bowl while blindfolded. Cotton balls on the floor do not count! :-)

3. Baby Food- Players must guess the baby food by either smelling or tasting. I removed the labels and labeled each jar with a number. The players passed the food around and took a guess. I got food such as carrots, squash, sweet potatoes. They all look very similar. :-)

4. Clothes Pins- Each player receives a clothes pin when they arrive and is not allowed to say "baby" the whole time during the shower. A player who says baby, loses his/her pin to the player that catches them. Players without a pin are out of the game. The player with the most pins at the end of the game wins.

5. The Price is Right-In this game, I purchased several baby items and recorded the prices. The players must guess the price of the baby item. The player that guesses the most items correctly without going over is the winner. It helps to tell the players where the items were purchased.

6 Name the Baby - In this game I the names gave the names of several animals and the players had to guess what the animal is called when it is a baby. Anybody know what a swan or eel is called when it's a baby?? My 9 year old won this game!

I love to win a nice gift so for the game prizes I got a $10 gift certificate from Barnes and Noble, a body wash and sponge from Bath and Body works (They were having a wonderful sale!), a scent diffuser from Pier 1 a candle from Pier 1 and a set of 3 heart shape tea light holders from Family Christian Book Store
I spent about $35 for the gifts including the gift bags and tissue paper. Can you say bargin shopper!! :-)


Oh and by the way the items that I bought for game #5 were my gifts for the baby. I put them in one of those straw laundry baskets from Wal-Mart.

Special thanks to Rona for posting my need for games on her website and thanks to Captains Wife and Fiestymom for responding and helpin' a sista out. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. All those games are new to me except #4. I'll have to write those down for the next shower. :o)What is a baby swan and a baby eel called?

    Great prizes too!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A baby swan is called a cygnet and a baby swan is called an elver. Who knew?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely very welcome. I knew there were ladies out there that would be able to help.
    Thank you for posting a link to my blog. You're terrific.
    Glad to hear it went well.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda