Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Great Backyard Bird Count


The Great Backyard Bird Count began this Friday. I never even got around to putting my bird feed out (my bird feeder broke), but am still amazed at how many birds showed up in my backyard-almost like they knew I needed them to come! :-)
Today, it was so dreary and cold outside(of course I live in Texas so cold is relative), that I cannot recall seeing even one bird. Where DO the birds go when the weather is so terrible?
At any rate, I haven't checked the weather for tomorrow, but hopefully it will be much better.
Go here for more information on the Great Backyard Bird Count.
For those of you that are Sabbath Keepers or for those who just love to connect through God in nature, birdwatching is an awesome event. In our homeschool curriculum, we have even learned that the birds with the prettiest voices are vegetarians!!
God is soooo amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda