Thursday, March 6, 2008

Senator Obama

I am not a very political person, but my kids seem to absolutely LOVE Barak Obama, which is so crazy because they have never been intersted in politics before. The idea that a man that has the same color skin as my son could be the President of the United States thrills him to ends I cannot even describe.

So we went to go and see him last week. I was actually surprised by the number of people that showed up that early in the morning and equally surprised at how my kids got up and dressed without me having to ask more than once. Maybe a black man should run for President more often!! :-)

At any rate, whether you get into politics or not, are a democratic or republican or whatever your beliefs are you must admit that this is a record breaking elections. People are coming out to vote in record numbers and a black man and a woman actually have a REAL chance at being the President of the United States. Wow. This country has come a long way.

I am proud to be an American, but most of all I am proud to be a Christian!

3 comments:

  1. My daughters (9 and 5) love "Arock Obama", too. They don't seem to know why, but I think it's for the same reason: he looks friendly and familiar. He could be one of our relatives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son is excited about Obama too, he keeps talking about how "he's black like me". Our young men don't see too many men like him in the news, so when Obama came along my son took notice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ravengal,
    It's so amazing to me that they even notice!

    Ann,
    Right, that don't see many man like them, At least not in a positive light. It's nice for them to know that there are smart black men in the world who can run for president. We may not agree with all that he believes, but he has done well!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda