Monday, April 14, 2008

Q & A-What Do You Do on the Sabbath?

Question:
Can I ask, what do you do on the Sabbath ? I mean, what do you consider work and not work ? Does your family go to church on the Sabbath or stay home ?
Answer:
On Sabbath we go to church in the morning. In the afternoon we come home and eat. Some weeks we are invited to a church member's house. Some weeks we invite others over. After dinner, we often go to the park and find things in nature that remind us of God.
I consider work to be what I do for employment (I tutor on-line, so I don't work on Sabbath) and anything around the house that is not related to what we are doing that day. I cleanup after us as we go. I rinse the dishes and put them in the dishwasher after we eat. If one of the children spills something on the kitchen floor, I will mop it if necessary. If I have prepared properly, then only that spot will be dirty and so I am not tempted to mop the whole floor. :-)
At sunset (both on Friday and Saturday) we have worship to bring in and to close the Sabbath respectively.
I hope this answers your question. If not please feel free to ask more. I don't mind at all.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Thanks Yolanda !

    It's very interesting to me to see what different people do. What type of church is it that you go to ?

    On-line tutoring. That sounds fun. What subject do you tutor ?

    Thanks again for answering my questions ... :) Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I attend a Seventh-day Adventist Church.

    I mostly tutor Algebra, Geometry and Chemistry.


    You're welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda