Thursday, May 15, 2008

My First Sermonette

This past Mother's Day, I gave my first "sermonette". The theme of the weekend was "A Mother's Love" and the title of my message was "The Love of a Godly Mother". I used the story in I Kings of the two women that fought over a baby. When the King suggested that the baby be cut in half, the real mother opted to give him away rather than have him die. Any good mother would have done the same. Then I used the life of Hannah from I Samuel to demonstrate the life and love of a godly mother.

What makes Hannah such a godly mother you may ask?

1. She fits the profile of love found in I Corinthians chapter 13
2. She was a praying woman
3. She dedicated her child to the Lord for as long as he was alive
4. Her life reflected the power of praise

I know that Mother's day has passed, but godly mothers are on duty everyday. :-)

If you really want to make a difference in the life of your children, one that will last for all of eternity, walk in love, pray for your children, dedicate them to the Lord, and make sure your life reflects the goodness of God.

God has promised in Proverbs 22:6 that if we train up a child in the way that he should go, when he is old he will not depart from it.

Next to the love of God, there is no love on earth more powerful than the love of a mother. Have you told your children that you love them today?

1 comment:

  1. That is just beautiful!

    I used paint.net for my header. It's a freebie that you can google.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda