Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Father's Day


The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after him. Proverbs 20:7

What do I love about my Father? He's genuine, honest and hardworking and I have been thoroughly blessed by the man that he is. He loves people. He loves to have a good time. He doesn't hold grudges. And even though he never says he loves me, he treats me like he does.

It was my Father who taught me that how you treat people should be based on who you are and not on who they are. In other words, if you're sweet, be sweet to everyone; not just to those who are sweet to you. People are hurting inside and everyone heart's desire is to be loved.

It was my Father who taught me that if a man really loves a woman, he will go to the other side of the world to get her. I believe this with every fiber of my being.

It was Father who taught me not to buy things that I can't afford. This is the way he lives his life and he's a happier man because of it.

I have learned so many things from my Father and have been blessed so many times by his wise counsel. I thank God for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda