Wednesday, June 4, 2008

REI's Kids Passport to Adventure/Summer Fun

Check out the REI website for great ideas on summer adventurers to keep you outside. There is even a neat little prize that you can send in for after your first adventure and a journal that you can print out or pick up at any REI location.

I'm looking forward to spending more time outside this summer. I just hope it doesn't get too hot. Hmm, I guess that really is an unreasonable expectation considering the fact that I live in Texas!

This year I bought pool passes instead of signing the kids up for swimming lessons. I just couldn't bring myself to pay for a class that my kids may or may not participate in, so we will just hang out at the pool until they are comfortable with going under the water and jumping in. They tend to do much better when there is no pressure.

So what are your plans for the summer? Any fabulous vacations planned? We plan to visit the Houston Aquarium and maybe make a trip to Florida.

1 comment:

  1. I've been teaching my kids to swim. It's been 3 weeks and already little man is water safe. He can jump in the deep end and come back out. He can float on his tummy and on his back. He can swim under water for quiet a distance and when he gets tired he rolls over on his back and floats while he catches his breath, then he rolls back to his tummy and swim some more. I am not that good at swimming but I was able to teach him with the use of some library books and videos and in the process I have gotten a lot better at swimming myself. Now I am going to move on to teaching the younger girls next.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda