Friday, October 31, 2008

One Way to Say Thank You

When I lived in San Jose, CA, (1997) I worked for Novellus as a temp. My starting pay was $10/hr. I worked as an assistant to the HR Director, stuffing packets for the new employee orientation, until one day I was in her office and overheard her discussing some trouble she was having printing reports. Curious, I asked her what the specific problem was. She was new to the position and did not know how to run the reports she needed using the Access based software. I asked her if she had a manual and took it home and read through it. (The fact that I would take a manual home and read it is a clue about my personality) :)

I came back the next day and showed her how to run the reports she needed. Suddenly I had a new assignment, working directly in her assistants office and my pay was bumped up to $12/hr. She needed more reports and before I left, my pay was up to $18/hr! She said "I don't know how to say thank you" to which I responded "Cash works for me!" :)

Today I got an e-mail from my boss saying that I have received a raise and at the end of the e-mail it said, "Thanks". I love tutoring and helping make Algebra make a little more sense, but I especially love a little extra money in my paycheck!

Thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda