Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 72: The Shewbread Restored

I have been going through the book Prayer 90x: 90 Days to a Spiritually Fit You by Pastor Ivor Myers. Today's topic is about the restoration of the table of shewbread after being cast down during the dark ages.

Psalm 119:9 Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to they word

II Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needed not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth


It is God's word that cleanses us. We must take heed to it.

What does it mean to take heed to God's word?

God has commanded us to study to shew ourselves approved that we not be ashamed. God's word must be divided.

What does it mean to rightly divide God's word?

During the Dark Ages people were not allowed to read God's word. It is the word of God that cleanses and so I can only imagine the "filthiness" of mankind during this time.

It is only the knowledge of truth that will save us from deception. When the truth is know, all deception can be spotted. God said that He would sanctify us with truth and that His word is truth.

John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: they word is truth

In the 1300's, John Wycliff translated the Bible into the common language of the people, thereby restoring the table of shewbread that had been cast down for so long.

Lord thank You for the privilege of having Your word. Thank You for the changes it has made and is making in my life as I heed its counsel and meditate on its meaning. Continue to reveal Yourself to me that by beholding Your character I may be changed into Your likeness. Remove the things from my life that take me away from You. May your word be as sweet as honey in my mouth. May my desire to spend more time among its pages grow as I learn of You and Your love towards me. May I never be separated from Your loving kindness that is better than life.

Photo Credit

1 comment:

  1. Good points. My husband just found out an old college friend has dropped the Bible as a source of inspiration. She no longer believes it to be a perfect source of knowing God. Hubby and I got into a long discussion about that. What I wonder is how you can know what is Truth and who God really is if you have no definitive source. What if you have nothing to test your ideas and beliefs against? How can there be no reliable standard? If that was the case, then we would all just live according to how we feel, what we feel is truth instead of what IS truth. I hope I never lose faith in the Bible as God's inspired word.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda