Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Whose Mind Do You Have?

This week while I was praying, God laid this verse on my heart: "Let this mind be in you which is also in Christ Jesus" Philippians 2:5. You see, I have almost completely mastered control over my tongue. Very rarely do I say something that is not pleasing in the sight of God, but it is not because I don't think it.

God has been working with me for some time on the concept of the fact that it's not ok to to think it either, but when He took me back to this verse is when it really hit home. If I had the mind of Christ, I wouldn't even think those things.

I am so glad that Christ already has a pure mind and all I have to do is use His.

Whose mind do you have?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you are so good at writing short but powerful devotional thoughts. I enjoy reading them. I hope you are saving them, you could compile them into a book later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann,
    It's very interesting that you say that. Several years ago God impressed me to start writing short devotional snippets, but I didn't listen.

    I write them now, but I don't usually save them. Hopefully this blog will get my creative juices flowing again.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda