Monday, February 5, 2007

Psalm Sunday #5


So sorry that I am late with my post.

Psalm 5

1Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my meditation.
2Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray.
3My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
4For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.
5The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
6Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.
7But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.
8Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face.
9For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is very wickedness; their throat is an open sepulchre; they flatter with their tongue.
10Destroy thou them, O God; let them fall by their own counsels; cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions; for they have rebelled against thee.
11But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.
12For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.

I read this Psalm and while the whole Psalm speaks to my heart, it is the last verse that stands out to me the most. It speaks of unmerited favor.
December 2005, I went to the wedding of a very good friend of mine. I considered not going because I didn't think that I could afford the trip. The price of the airline ticket alone was more than $350 and that didn't include hotel, rental car and food. I didn't even have anything all that nice to wear to the wedding.
I really wanted to go and so I prayed to God that if He wanted me there He would work it out. I was at my Dad's house for Thanksgiving, two weeks before the wedding, sitting at the computer, when I got a popup on my computer for airfares. This same airfare that was more than $350 was now being offered to me for $130 including all taxes!!
And it doesn't stop there. I got a rental car for the whole weekend for less than $45.
I get to the rental counter and the lady says "Is a silver mustang ok"? The guy next to me says "How in the world did you manage to get a silver mustang??"
I respond "Unmerited favor from the Lord!"
Needless to say, the whole weekend was one of the most fabulous weekends of my whole life. I thank God for favor...unmerited favor.
Visit Butterflykiss21 for more on Psalms Sunday.

4 comments:

  1. Hee, hee, I couldn't help but laugh out loud with this one. lol I picturing you in a silver mustang. ;0) The Lord really does care about every part of our lives. What a blessing that must have been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing Shereen? Even when I get a close parking space at Walmart, I lift my hands and tell Him thank you. It's amazing how someone so powerful can be concerned with even the smallest detail of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your post, thanks for sharing. Woo Hoo, silver mustang!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry that it took me so long to visit your post. Thanks again for taking part in Psalms Sunday. I love reading what all of you write.

    Your post was fun...and how nice, a silver mustang!!!!!

    I love the unmerited favor our Lord gives us.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda