Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Seeing As Others See Me

I often think of how people look at my daughter and immediately say, "She looks just like you. She's beautiful." Now the wheels in my head are turning. Does that mean they think I'm beautiful too? Is that what they see when they look at me?

It's weird how we can look at our children every single day and never see ourselves (physically) in them. What is it about the way we see ourselves that keeps us from being able to see our own similarities? Certainly we can look at other children and see when they look just like their parents.

I had a dream one night of people passing by me, looking at me. After each person passed , I would look into the mirror to see if I could see what they saw. What is it they are looking at I thought? Exactly what is it they see when they look at me?

A few days after I had this dream, I was asked to sing for Sabbath School. I went to the Family Christian Bookstore and found a song with these lyrics:

Is the face that I see in the mirror
The one I want others to see
Do I show in the way that I walk in my life
The love that You've given to me?

My heart's desire is to be like You
In all that I do all I am

Do they see Jesus in me
Do they recognize Your face
Do I communicate your love and Your grace
Do I reflect who you are
In the way I choose to be
Do they see Jesus, Jesus in me

So I have to ask myself as I go about my day; as I dress, as I converse with others, as I meditate upon thoughts...Am I reflecting Him? What is that others are seeing right now? And the most important question of all, What is it that God sees when He looks at me?

It is my prayer that He sees only the blood of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda