Monday, February 12, 2007

Menu Plan Monday (Vegetarian)



Sunday-Haystacks (Chili, served over cornchips and topped with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, olives, salsa, etc.)

Monday- Basil Pasta, Salad, Garlic Bread

Tuesday-Tacos

Wednesday-Pigs in a Blanket (Hot dogs cut into quarters and wrapped in a cresent roll), Mixed Vegetables, Salad

Thursday-Spaghetti, Mixed Vegetables and Salad

Friday-Hot Dogs

Saturday-Black Beans and Rice, Cornbread, Salad

Our family is vegetarian, mostly vegan. My son is allergic to milk, and the more I learn about my body, it seems that I have some type of allergy as well. When I have food with milk in it, I can't breathe at night (asthma), so I'm working to eliminate it completely from our diet.

For more menu idea, visit the Organizing Junkie.

6 comments:

  1. Good menu! Black beans and rice is one of my favorites! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great menu! We love pigs in blankets too!
    Happy Cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Thanks for participating! My son is allergic to dairy amongst many other things. Not sure if I told you that or not before. Anyway if you are ever looking for a dairy free recipe let me know and I may be able to help.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Spaghetti and Tacos. You have a great menu plan. See you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More Haystacks. I commented earlier on another SDA blog about her menu. I love haystacks especially with lime flavored tortilla chips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ~M~
    Black beans has become one of my favorites as well, and it's so easy to make!

    Kelleigh,
    Aren't they the best? And the kids love them.

    Laura,
    Thanks for hosting! I love seeeing the menus of the other Moms.

    Rona,
    Thanks,
    I look forward to checking out your menu as well.

    VJ,
    I remember the first time someone said they were making haystacks. I didn't even know what that was. Now it's a staple at our house!
    We will try the lime tortilla chips. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda