Monday, November 12, 2007

My Current Reads

I finally finished "Keeping Our Children's Hearts". What a wonderful read. This book really puts the job of the parent into perspective. I have come away from the book with a desire to do ministry with my children and to have a relationship with them as never before, not just being home with them, but actually spending quality time.

If I could say one thing that I learned from this book it would be to set goals for your children. How many of us can honestly say that we have set goals for our children, spiritually that is, and actually weigh every decision we make against those goals.

We do have goals in our house, but they are mostly unspoken. This book has encouraged me to write them down and review them periodically to make sure that we are on track. I will share my goals for my children once I write them out.

Another book I am reading is entitled "What Shall I Do To Inherit Eternal Life" This is a most powerful book and speaks of righteousness by faith. Don't open this book unless you are ready to get serious about your walk with Christ. :-)

A book I picked up today from the library (can you tell I really like books), is A Charlotte Mason Companion by Karen Andreola. I am not familiar with all the teachings of Charlotte Mason, but I am delightfully fond of the ones I have found so far. I particularly like her views on Nature Study.

My daughter and I used to press flowers and spend a lot of time outside. Reading this book has rekindled a desire to do that once again. There is so much to learn from the handiwork of the Creator!

What are you reading?

2 comments:

  1. I have actually been reading a book that has quotes and such from Charlotte Mason. What they did is took all of her quotes on habits and put them all in one book. Her writings remind me of Ellen White. A lot of what she says goes in line with her as well, except her choices of reading material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing to me how closely her writings resemble Ellen White. Sometimes I wonder if they knew each other! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda