Thursday, December 20, 2007

Our Christmas Tree

We finally bought our Christmas tree on Monday. It was my intent to have it no later than the week after Thanksgiving. Better late than never? At any rate, the children went with my husband to pick one out. I love having a real tree. I just can't bring myself to purchasing an artificial one.
I went to the garage to get out the Christmas decorations that I thought I had. Instead I found a door wreath that I have no recollection of ever buying. First project of the new year-Clean out the garage!

So I had to go to Walmart to get some new decorations. Now it was my intent to decorate the tree this afternoon, but then my husband decided to take my car in to work. Of course all the new decoration are, you guessed it, in my trunk. So we will be decorating the tree this evening.
I wanted to decorate the tree in red and silver, but I found a really nice gold tree skirt that kind of messes up the whole red/silver theme. What was really nice is that in that box where I found the wreath, there was also a nice gold angel tree topper. It was in an Avon box and I don't buy Avon so I'm not really sure where it came from. My Stepmother sells Avon so maybe she gave it to me. I feel like I am missing some years of time in my brain. :)
The kids made a several ornaments this year and have already picked a place for each one on the tree.

The hexagon ornament was made at the library with the homeschool group. Each child had a wonderful time making it.The last ornament adorned a present that was given to me for helping out with Children's Church. It was attached to the bag and added a very nice touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda