Monday, March 17, 2008

A Study on Music

God has impressed me to do a study on music. I will be studying music as a whole, but specifically concentrating on music as it pertains to worship. Is the criteria for the music we listen to during the week the same as the music that we present as praise to God?

Who sets the standards for the music for worship? Have the standards already been set by God? Is it ok to take music of the world, add lyrics about God, and then call it holy?

Is there ever a time when God does not accept our praise?

These are just a few of the questions that God has laid on my heart. I invite you to share your thoughts if this is something you have already considered or to open your Word and search the scriptures with me to find out what thus saith the Lord.

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. Proverbs 14:12 & 16:25

2 comments:

  1. Wow, the questions you have posed are pretty deep and will lead to quite an in-depth study! I pray that the Lord reveals the answers you seek as you study. Please share with us as you proceed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann thanks for the prayers. I will definitely share as God reveals.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda