Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Words

One of the things that I love about reading and tutoring on-line is that I come across some great words. I realize that I have a love for words. There are some things that you cannot properly describe without the write word!

Today as I was tutoring, a student logged in needing help with synonyms for the word truculent. At first glance I thought they had misspelled the word translucent! LOL

Then I was reading my girlfriends blog and she used the word cacophonous. She said it just popped into her head. I guess it wouldn't surprise you to hear that she is a Doctor of Neonatology!

I don't mind having to pull out my dictionary to figure out what someone is saying. I quite enjoy it. :-)

Have you heard any good words lately??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda