Sunday, July 13, 2008

Financial Blessing Challenge

My Pastor is doing a series of sermons on Finances (Stewardship, Faithfulness, etc.) Yesterday at the 8:30 am service, he talked about how God's is the owner of all our money and we are just the managers; how God owns 100%, but only ask that we return 10% to Him to prove that we understand that it ALL belongs to him anyway.

At any rate, the purpose of this journal entry is not to discuss the sermon, but rather to provide some background.

At the end of his sermon, he asked 3 people to come forward. He did not say what they were coming forward for. Before he even asked for the people to come up, he went into what I call his "appeal mode". You how you can just tell that the Pastor is about to wrap his sermon up even though he hasn't that? Immediately I was impressed to go up for the appeal. The strange thing about that is that I had no idea was his "appeal" was going to be. So he called for the 3 people and immediately 2 people stood up.

For those who don't know me so well, I am not always so obedient to the promptings of the Holy Spirit and so in keeping with my disobedient reluctant tendencies, I lingered for a few seconds. After seeing that know one else stood up immediately, I got up and went and stood with the other 2.

The Pastor presented us with this challenge: He gave each of us $100 and then said we have 90 days to spend it. The rules are

We may not spend it on ourselves, We may not spend it on family members or any member of the church. We must give it to or invest it in someone in the church community.

He preached the same sermon at the 11am service, except this time he explained everything first and then asked 10 people to come forward to accept the challenge. My daughter stood up in that service and so know we each have accepted the challenge of investing $100 in the community.

So my first step is to pray and ask God what he would have me to do with this money and then be obedient (immediately) to His instructions. I know that God has the power to take this $100 and turn it into $100,000 or far greater. Let's see what He does! :-)

3 comments:

  1. Wow what challenge. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a challenge! I can't wait to see how God blesses you through this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will keep you ladies updated! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda