Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What's In a Name?

Yesterday was my 13th year wedding anniversary. I must say that it has not been the easiest 13 years of my life, but God is good! As a result of this union, I have grown much closer to Him and my life has been enriched because of it. Growing closer to God is definitely a win-win situation.

At any rate, for dinner we went to a lovely restaurant on the lake and afterwards visited the gift shop. In the gift shop I cam across a card with my name on it. Here is what it said:

Yolanda
"Flowering"
The Lord is my rock
and my fortress
and my deliverer;
My God, my strength,
in whom will I trust;
My shield and the
horn of my salvation,
my stronghold
Psalm 18:2
Wow! Talk about an on time message. I think about my personality and how I am prone to despair. I took a personality test once and it said that I am easily discouraged. It is so true. But with God as my Strength and my Deliverer I can move forward anyhow!
I have put my name next to that verse in my Bible and plan on committing it to memory.
What does your name mean? Do you have a verse that seems to describe who you are or who God is to you?

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful verse! I'm on the look out for one I will write my name next to. Thanks for sharing and wishing you many more years together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Trish, Please share once you find a verse that fits you. I like seeing how different personalities relate to different verses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool idea. I did a post just for you.:-)

    (And that verse you put up is one of my favorites, by the way.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the idea of a personal text! My husband and I are really in to meanings also. When we chose our kids names, we chose them because of what they mean.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda