Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving Travels


Praise God for a safe trip to and from Pensacola, Florida. The travel was long, but well worth it to spend time with my lovely family. It's trips like this that make me want to be closer to them.

We left Wednesday morning around 5am and arrived around 4:30pm. The kids traveled well, only stopping for gas and restroom breaks. These are separate breaks because I just cannot do gas station bathrooms. We normally stop at a hotel or fast food restaurant for that.

When we arrived in Pensacola, my brothers were already there. It was our first time meeting Addyson. Isn't she cute??
We loved on her the whole time and can't wait to see her again.
On Thursday, we made the rounds to visit the family. My Dad and Stepmom spent the day at her sister's house and so our first stop was there. My cousin Dawn lives just across the street, so we were able to kill two birds with one stone. Here is a picture of my Dad holding my nephew Jaylen, my Stepmom holding my niece Addyson and my Stepmom's nephew Darnell holding his sister. It's the day after my Dad's birthday and so that's why he has money pinned on his shirt. :)
After a nice visit with my Dad and Stepmom and family we go to visit my Great Aunt Cornelia, affectionately known as Neeli (knee-lee). She has been sick and is on Dialysis so we took a plate to her from the other house we visited. This was the first Thanksgiving that she didn't cook, so she was very happy to have the company and meet Addyson.
Next we were off to my Grandmother's house for the big visit. This is where most of my family (on my Mom's side) congregates for Thanksgiving. This year was a bit lighter as my cousin Angela and her family did not make it down from Virginia. My cousin Edward (Angela's brother) and his family did not make it down. He just moved the Los Angeles and my cousin James and Alexis did not make it either. So the house was a bit lighter, but still full nonetheless.

I got to meet my cousin Aaron's baby, Micah. He is a ham! He is teething and nearly tried to gum my face to death. LOL He is definitely a cutie:
We ate and talked and had a great time as always. I love Thanksgiving. It's my absolute favorite holiday and I have many things to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda