Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

Our original plan was to be in the stores by 4am to catch all the great deals and Freebies, but a late night on Thursday helped to alter that plan. We were in the stores by 8 and still found some excellent deals. Old Navy had shirts for $5 and jeans for $10. Children's place had gloves, scarves and purses for $5 each!

My cousin works in the Ladie's shoe department in Dillard's and so we headed over there to see what they had and my Dad met me at the mall and gave me $200 to spend on the kids! Feels like Christmas already!!

Friday night we went to my Dad's house for fish. This is the one time of the year that I stray away from my Vegan diet. It's so weird, because each year, it tastes a little stranger. I probably won't be able to eat it much longer.

Saturday, instead of going to church, we went to the beach. My kids had never been to the beach in Pensacola and what a great way to connect with God through Nature. The weather was a bit temperamental, but we had a lovely time anyway. There were even people surfing! I guess they love a high tide.
Here is a picture of my Mom, me and my sister in-law Anika holding Addyson. My hair is all drawn up and curly except for the permed part on the ends which is straight. How funny. I need to go ahead and get the perm cut out.

A picture of my brother Justin with his family:

My brother Jason And a picture of the kids having a blast:Saturday night we continued our tradition of family bowling and had a blast.We left early Sunday morning to return to Texas. It took us 14 hours to get back with all of the holiday traffic, but by God's grace we made it back safely and with no incidences! God is Good!!

4 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord for safe travels and precious time with family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time and found some really neat deals too! That's a great day anytime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yolanda,
    It looks like you and your family had a terrific time on Thanksgiving.
    I really enjoyed looking at the photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a wonderful time enjoying family relationships! So glad that you had safe travels.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda