Saturday, April 4, 2009

My Core Values-Purity

A couple of months ago I began writing about my core values. The first on my list was Purity. The dictionary defines purity as the condition or quality of being pure; freedom from anything that debases, contaminates, pollutes, etc... Strong's concordance adds the words chaste, immaculate and modest to the mix.

I want my children (and myself) to be pure inside and out. I think of Mary the Mother of Jesus and how pure she must have been to be able to give birth to the Messiah-pure not only in body but in thought as well. This is the type of purity that I desire.

Now how exactly do you get (and keep) that kind of purity. Philippians 4:8 is one of my favorite scriptures. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there by any virtue, and if there by any praise, think on these things.

I use this scripture as a standard for the things we watch on television and any activities we participate in. Yes it means we abstain from a lot of things, but I am learning to keep my children's minds focused on other things to the point that they don't even ask for the television anymore. God is good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda