Friday, July 17, 2009

The Atmosphere of the Soul

Have you ever been in the presence of someone and when you left that person you were energized and ready to conquer the world? And have you ever been in the presence of someone who when you left their company you were ready to throw a pity party and blame the whole world for all of your problems? If you have lived long enough, then you most certainly have been in the presence of both. This is because we give off what we feel inside.

Every soul is surrounded by an atmosphere of its own--an atmosphere, it may be,
charged with the life-giving power of faith, courage, and hope, and sweet with
the fragrance of love. Or it may be heavy and chill with the gloom of discontent
and selfishness, or poisonous with the deadly taint of cherished sin. By the
atmosphere surrounding us, every person with whom we come in contact is
consciously or unconsciously affected. {COL 339.3}

What's flowing from your stream? Is it rivers of life? Or is it a cesspool of gloom and doom?

I encourage you today to allow God to purify your streams so that others who come in contact with you will know that Jesus lives!

John 7:38

3 comments:

  1. Mercy...that was deep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I missed this post, but I needed to read it at the right time-- today! I've been convicted by my recent devotional reading to be more encouraging and uplifiting to others. Thanks for this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, you're welcome. I was deeply moved when I read it and convicted as well!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda