Monday, April 12, 2010

Chicks Coming Soon!!



This week we picked up a dozen eggs to be hatched into chicks. So far, so good.

We marked the chicks with an "X" on one side and an "O" on the other to keep up with turning them and set the incubator at 99.5 degrees. The kids are estatic.

Now I have no idea what we are going to do with these chicks once they hatch. I guess we better be building a coop. Ann, where are you? I need some help, cause I'm sure you know the best way to build a coop and what I need to be doing.

2 comments:

  1. You'd better get "crackin" on that coop looks like you'll have a lot chicks real soon. 21 days right? have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, don't let my daughter see that incubator - she really wants one. What breed of chickens are they? Chicks are so much fun, be prepared for hatch day- you'll get nothing else done! I was worse than my children when our ducklings hatched- I kept finding excuses to go outside and check on them!

    www.backyardchickens.com was very helpful when we first got chickens. Let me know if you need help.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda