Sunday, April 11, 2010

Natural Deodorant


Eating healthy and wearing my hair natural has affected my life in so many different ways. After reading about how anti-perspirants contain aluminum, I knew I didn't want to use them anymore. I went to Whole Foods and purchased some of the deodorants they offered and didn't like how much I was sweating in my clothes.


I attended a natural hair meeting and one of the ladies gave a recipe for homemade deodorant:


1 tbsp corn starch


1 tbsp baking soda


1tbsp olive oil


1 tbsp essential oil ( I use lavendar. Choose a fragrance you like)


1 tbsp tea tree oil


Mix all ingredients. Store in an airtight container.


I absolutely LOVE this deodorant. Everyone in my household except my son ( he has no need for deodorant) uses it and loves it.


I made a youtube video that you can view here


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I buy the "natural" from the health food store, but the ingredients you use are even better than what is in them, so plan on trying it. (Cheaper too) Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love natural deoderant too! Made my own for a while. I liked it but the kiddos didn't. LOL! We now use Tom's of Maine (Wal-mart). It works wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We use a natural deodorant as well. I know my hubby will like your recipe- I'm gonna make some up for him this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried this out of desperation when hubby started having an odour issue after taking antibiotics for an ear infection. Nothing else worked, so we gave it a shot. It worked!

    We love it so much, we're keeping it! Thanks, Yolanda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, I used the measurements in the video... and I just realised that the EO proportions above need amending.

    Thanks again, Yolanda... blessings and peace to you and yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruth, I'm so glad you liked it! I actually have another recipe I have been using lately. I will make a video as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda