Friday, April 2, 2010

What Are You Hungry For?

This week as the kids and I were having family worship, we talked about the daily manna that was provided for the children of Israel in the wilderness. We talked about how Christ is the Bread of Life.

I am a firm believer that my kids get into trouble when they don't have something specific to keep them busy and out of trouble. I believe this same concept applies spiritually. God gives us His Word, our manna. We are to eat of it daily. The truth is that just like we are hungry everyday for physical food, we are hungry everyday for spiritual food. Christ can feed us or Satan can feed us.

I told my kids if they are full on the Bread of heaven, they won't have room to eat the junk food that Satan offers.

What are you hungry for?

3 comments:

  1. A perfect introduction to this quarter's SS lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, yes most definitely. I am so excited about a lesson on health. What great timing!

    Daniele-you're welcome!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda