Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Psalm 119


One morning while in my quiet time with God, He impressed deeply on my heart that He wanted me to memorize Psalm 119. My first thought response was "Lord, did You mean Psalm 19?" :) I knew in my heart that He meant 119, because of verses that I had been coming across, ones that stuck out in my mind.

I realize that I already know many of the verses by heart already, either from elementary school or from my personal studies. Of course that still leaves many verses to commit to memory, but I am actually looking forward to the challenge.

As I looked over the verses in my Bible, I notice that they are sectioned off 8 verses at a time. So I am using a 3x5 index card with the first letter of each word on the front and the verse itself on the back. I plan to do a card for each section of 8 verses, 22 cards total for 176 verses, and have them laminated.

I believe that there will be a time in earth's history when believers of the faith will not have access to God's word. It is my desire to have God's word hidden in my heart that I might not sin against Him.


3 comments:

  1. We have started using a notebook version of the CM scripture memory system with our morning character studies. It is working well and we enjoy it!

    We also feel the press to hide God's word in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see your notebook version!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been years since I've purposely memorized scripture. Thank you for this reminder that it's important. :)

    Good luck memorizing Psalm 119!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda