Thursday, December 11, 2014

The School of Christ

Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. II Timothy 2:15
As I think of the School of Christ, I think of college courses and the how the average college student takes 15-18 hours per semester. What deep Bible students we would be if we spent this amount of time in Bible study and prayer!
Some of the classes could include Prayer 101-a class that teaches the basics of prayer and considers how Jesus prayed and how He taught His disciples to pray. Scripture Memory 101 which teaches how to memorize/meditate on scripture and looks at key scriptures every Christian should know. A more advanced class on Scripture memory could cover how to use scripture when attacked by the enemy. One of my favorite advanced classes is finding Christ in all the Scriptures. This is especially exciting when dealing with the Old Testament.

If we studied 3 hours a day for 6 days a week, this would equal a full course load of 18 hours. You may be thinking you don't have 3 hours a day to study. Chances are you have more time than you think you do. Even if you did only one hour in the morning and one hour before going to bed, you could easily get in 2 hours which would still put you at 12 hours a week. Twelve hours a week is still full time at most colleges and universities. Consider spending a few minutes throughout the day to commit scripture to memory and you could easily be back up to 15 hours a week or more and that is assuming that you only did six days a week.

So, are you enrolled in the School of Christ? Are you part time or full time? Do you skip class? I must admit that I have been taking a pretty light load lately, but am ready to get back to my full time schedule. With Christ and the Holy Spirit as my professors, I know that I am destined for greatness, if not in this life then surely in the life eternal that awaits me.

1 comment:

  1. You are right, we have much more time than we think we do! Time to re-enroll as a full-time student!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda