Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Bookstore Experience

The other day I went to Half Price Books to get the Bible on cd. I found a set with John Sherberg reading the Old Testamen and James Earl Jones reading the new. It included a carrying case as well all for $29.99! I got home only to discover that the New Testament cds were missing and there were duplicate Old Testament cds instead.
I returned to the bookstore a day later and explained what happened. They had the New Testament by James Earl Jones available. The sales associate paused and tried to figure out how to fix the situation. I suggested that he charge me for the New Testament and give me a credit to make it so that it still comes out to $29.99. He said with a smile "I'll do even better than that".
He let me keep the Old Testament that came with the case, gave me the New Testament AND credited my account $21.65!! Did I mention the fact that I only paid 29.99 to begin with?
Wow. What a wonderful God we serve!

1 comment:

  1. WooHoo! What a bargain! I love to get bargains like that! :o) Enjoy your new CDs.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda