Friday, April 4, 2008

Sew Crafty Friday-Furniture Set Up


I'm not sure if this counts for being crafty, but I finally got the furniture arranged the way I want it. I plan to purchase a chocolate brown entertainment center to replace the one in the picture.

The angle of this picture if from the kitchen. I like the fact that the furniture does not face the television. When I buy my new entertainment center you won't be able to see the tv.

This is the view from when you walk in from the front door or garage. I'm still trying to figure out what to do for curtains-what color, what style...


Let me know what you think!
Be sure to check out Shereen's page for more crafty ideas

4 comments:

  1. I love your couch! I think the furniture looks good... it looks from the pictures that it is at an angle. I never have the guts to do angles, I am just a square I guess ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm, do I see a little bit of mossy green in that carpet? That might be a nice color for the curtains. I would do 1 panel over each window, and tie each in the middle--like an hourglass shape. Then you can untie them if you want the room to look more formal and have more privacy.
    I think that teal or plum would be nice accent colors in here.
    It looks like your furniture is set so that the fireplace is the focal point of the room. Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Housewife,
    The couch is parallel to the wall. The chair and ottoman are angled in.

    Mom2fur
    yes you see a bit of mossy green. I thought about that as a nice color for the curtains. I also thought about hanging brown sheers and then draping them at the top with green. You know what I mean?

    I wouldn't really say that the fireplace is the focal point, but that's a nice idea. From the chair and ottoman, you would have to turn around to see the fireplace. If I angled it a little more you wouldn't. I may have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your colors. I agree, a bit of green might be nice for the windows.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda