Thursday, October 16, 2008

Learning to Knit on Double Pointed Needles


My next project in knitting in to learn how to use double pointed needles. I purchased some of the Clover Bamboo needles and found this pattern online.

I watched a video from Knitting Help and got to work. The pattern says to cast on 70 stitches. I thought that I was supposed to have an even number of stitches to distribute on the needles and so I cast on 72, to distribute between 3 needles.
I knitted the first row on my first needles and realized that I was using my yarn tail instead of the yarn from the skein ! Uggghhhhh! Well at least I hadn't gotten that far, right?
So I'm off to rip it out and start over. I'll be back with a bit more progress. :)

1 comment:

  1. I think I'll leave the double pointed needles alone for a long while. It's taking everything I have in me to get simple knit and purl stiches done! Looks pretty cool, though.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda