Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Catching Up

Wow, can you believe another year is coming to a close?? I thank God for being able to see it. My camera has been acting a bit strange lately and so I haven't been posting much. I think I'm going to have to buy a new one. :)

Christopher lost another tooth. I love how cute kids look when they lose their teeth.


We had a great Christmas. It was low stress and I was able to get some much needed rest. For dinner, I made a Nut Loaf (I"ll post the recipe), Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Mixed Vegetables, Rolls and Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake (I substituted Sweet Potato this time) and Ice Cream for dessert.

We made gingerbread men and used them as the decoration for the tree.




I am not one to make resolutions for the New Year, but I do set goals. This year I the children and I have set a goal to memorize 300 scriptures. It sounds like a lot, but when you think of it as less than one a day, it's not so bad.
Another goal is to get our house in order, have a place for everything and keep everything in it's place. Right now I'm working on decluttering the garage so there will actually be room for the things that should be there. :)
One very important goal of mine is to be obedient to the promptings of the Holy Spirit. I hear God speaking, but I struggle with doing what He is saying!! So I pray that as He knits my heart to His, I will be more inclined to obey. :)
How was your Christmas? Do you have any goals o resolutions for the New Year?

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! I'm still contemplating on goals for the year. I'll do a post sometime soon though, so check periodically. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda