Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sorting Things Out in My Head

As I work on organizing my life, I am first trying to sort things out in my head. One of my goals for this year is to become more consistent in getting up in the morning for my personal devotion. One of the things I decided is that whenever I woke up, I would get up and meditate in prayer. Well that worked fine until I started waking up at 3am. It doesn't work so well when I work until 11pm most nights.

On the other hand when I don't get up when I wake up, I tend to over-sleep and feel very tired when I finally do get up. I'm not sure what to do about this quandary yet.

We started school again today. We were supposed to start yesterday, but yesterday was one of those mornings that I woke up at 3am and went back to sleep only to wake up after 8! All I can say is that it seems like the day only went downhill after that and we didn't get a whole lot accomplished other than eating and washing the dishes. At least the kitchen was clean? Sigh...

So now we are planning what to put in our garden. So far we have come up with tomatoes, bell peppers, asparagus, carrots, onion, lettuce, beans, and some herbs. I'm sure we will add to the list as time goes on.

Enough rambling for now. :)

Are you planting a garden for the spring? Are the kids back in school? Any cool projects coming up?

4 comments:

  1. Oh how I can relate! My mother use to tell me that when I would wake up consistantly around 2:30 am that I should talk with the Lord. To use that time for my benefit instead of me grumbling why on earth am I up again at this time? It seems that through the holidays I have gradually allowed my personal devotion time to wane, sleeping in and when I do wake I started with worrying. Not exactly how I'm trying to start out the year with my Lord. Got to keep pressing in, ya know?
    We are planning to have a garden again! Tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and Kale a little later. We have a very small space in the back so I think that is all we can squeeze in :o)
    School started back for us on Monday but very laid back.
    Knitting and sewing is one of our upcoming projects. I've put it off for months! I see you do some knitting. I'll be a callin' ya :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're moving on January 20 to North Las Vegas. My husband and I signed a new contract to take over managing a storage facility outside of Nellis AFB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pure Perseverance! Yes we have got to keep pressing. Please let me know how your garden is going and I would be more than happy to offer any assitance I can with the knitting. :)


    Oh wow Rona, sounds like you are busy, busy. I pray that you move goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Yolanda. You are in our prayers as well.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda