Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Very First Step


There was a time in my life when I felt very close to God. I would wake up in the morning at 5am and have sweet communion. It seemed that whatever I was studying was necessary for a conversation I would have that very day or the next day. It was as though I was being hand fed by God. There was a peace in my heart that I cannot put into words.

Then something happened. I'm not sure what is was, but I wasn't getting up everyday. My worship was not consistent. Sometimes it was in the morning. Sometimes it was in the evening. Sometimes it just wasn't. I felt that desire to be close to God, but I wasn't making it happen.

I have felt that way most recently. Now don't get me wrong. I'm studying and I'm reading, but I can't say that I'm experiencing that burning in my heart that I used to (Luke 24:32).

So I'm going back to the drawing board. I believe that there is a science to salvation. A method if you will, such that if you get off track, if you wake up one day and the burning is missing, you can get back on track by following certain steps.

It is my desire to outline those steps and to (by God's grace and strength) follow them.


The very first step in approaching God is to know and believe the love that He has to us' for it is through the drawing of His love that we are led to come to Him. MB 104,105

The Lord hath appeared of old unto me saying, Yea I have loved thee with an everlasting love, therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. Jeremiah 31:3

Herein is love, not that we loved God, bt that He loved us, and sent His Son to be the propitation for our sins. I John 4:10

But God commendeth His love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

2 comments:

  1. Great thoughts. I know I also sometimes feel very far from God. How are you doing going through the steps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassandra-I would say that I am doing well. My biggest hurdle was being consistent. But as I remove distractions from my life (tv, negative converstaion, etc) being consistent becomes much easier. I find myself wanting to study and spend time with God. His love is drawing me to Him.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

-yolanda